16 November 2008

No Matter Where You've Been, Come On In...

I've always had "too many" thoughts for my own good when it comes to my health, fertility, and everything else that comes along with that. So this is my "starter blog", the Alpha, and probably the most vulnerable thing I'll do when it comes to writing this blog. My problem isn't with the blog, its just getting it "out there" and the first try is always the hardest, and its almost unrealistic to think I'm going to hit the save button down there below. So here goes nothing... or a lot of rambling, at least for this first post. I promise those to follow will have more of a direction, but this is just my starting point.

My faith has been my very backbone. Anyone with fertility struggles can tell you that it brings fear and doubt to any faith frame, and that the journey through infertility is a surefire test of any faith or spirituality. My home rests in the arms of Jesus Christ, and he is my Rock.

Being in the Army, my family is about 2,000 miles and two right turns away from where I live now, and my main support is my boyfriend, and for this blog's purposes, he will be known as K. He was my first concern when my health issues started acting up again because my last long-term relationship ended as the result of my ex not wanting to help me fight the battle to have a family. K summed it all up this morning when he said, "Well I'm not with you just for you to give me children. We'll beat this, Jenn." I thank my God everyday to have K in my life not only for his support and backing, but also for his unconditional love he shows me on a daily basis.

Monday, I'm supposed to call my OB/GYN clinic back to schedule my first general appointment. My primary care manager referred me to the clinic to have an endo workup, so we'll see how that goes. I know that having a lap is a minor surgery, and I know its the only way to diagnose endo, but I hope they'll at least let me get through the holidays first. I have so many anxieties about this, especially when it comes to the doctor visits this will entail from now on, but I know its just another road block, and the only way through it is forward.

So, dear readers, if you're out there, this is my starting point, my "GO AHEAD". With any luck, maybe I'll collect $200 this time around!

No comments: